Provides customer service, technical and operational support to the Wheelchair shop at Intermountain Homecare. Maintains a good working knowledge of wheelchair products and acts as a resource for patients, physicians, nurses and other staff about the features and limitations of wheelchairs.
Essential Job Duties
1. Provides follow up, dispatch, scheduling, and customer service support for both new wheelchair customers and repair customers. Provides information to physicians, nurses and other hospital staff about Homecare?s wheelchair services as well as the features and limitations of wheelchairs.
2. Assists with core seating and positioning tasks for wheelchairs. Assists when needed with final assembly and adjustments. Assists in the coordination and completion of repairs when necessary.
3. Measures and assesses for compression garments and orthotics.
4. Coordinates repairs, deliveries, pickups and initiates custom orders through the supply chain.
5. Schedules, triages, and directs patients with mobility needs to appropriate personnel in the SLC office as well as satellite locations as necessary.
Entry Rate: $14.78 + depending on experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes. Click here to check out our benefits.
Shift Details: Full-time, 40 hrs/wk
Department: HME - SL Wheelchair Rehab
Two years of customer service experience.
Two years of medical equipment experience.
Demonstrated basic understanding of clinical, medical and insurance terminology.
Demonstrated excellent computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, email, and calendar, software programs.
Demonstrated excellent telephone and customer service skills.
Demonstrated ability to be organized, set priorities, work independently, and be a self-starter.
Demonstrated experience with MCCA, AS400, Help2, and CPR Plus.
Wheelchair provision, manufacturing and repair experience.
Internal Number: 243660
About Intermountain Healthcare
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 24 hospitals (includes "virtual" hospital), a Medical Group with more than 2,400 physicians and advanced practice clinicians at about 160 clinics, a health plans division called SelectHealth, and other health services. Helping people live the healthiest lives possible, Intermountain is widely recognized as a leader in clinical quality improvement and efficient healthcare delivery.