Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Full-time, Non- Exempt Positions, benefits
DO YOU WANT TO BRING MEANING AND VALUE TO YOUR WORK?
Join the HospiceCare in The Berkshires team and experience what making a difference is truly about!
Position Summary: The Nurse Practitioner is a highly skilled professional member of the Interdisciplinary Team with the primary responsibility of providing palliative care consultations and end of life care to hospice patients and their families within their scope of practice. The HCIB Nurse Practitioner has a key role to assist in determining patient eligibility for hospice services. This position has responsibilities with providing and instructing the clinical team in symptom management for end of life patients.
* Minimum of two (2) year's of professional experience in health care.
* Experience in a hospice care preferred.
* Experience in acute care in an institutional setting preferred.
* Experience in homecare preferred.
* Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Education and Training:
* A Master’s Degree in Nursing is required.
License, Certification & Registration:
* Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
* Current Massachusetts licensure: Nurse Practitioner
* Valid driver’s license
* Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Certification preferred
* Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
* Strong observation skills and problem solving skills.
* Experience working with an Interdisciplinary Team preferred.
Internal Number: 1005
About HospiceCare in The Berkshires
HospiceCare in the Berkshires, is a non-profit agency providing quality, compassionate end-of-life-care and bereavement services for Berkshire County Residents and their families. At HospiceCare, our philosophy recognizes dying as a natural process and as a part of life's continuum. The quality of life for those served is as important as the quantity. The HospiceCare philosophy is manifested in the following values, which are promoted among employees and volunteers in all areas of agency operation: Dignity, Choice, Honesty, Responsiveness, Professionalism, Communication, Commitment, Teamwork and Compassion.
HospiceCare believes in recruiting team experts who are dedicated to excellence in performance within a team environment.