Job Code: 25747 2618
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Responsible for direct patient care and the assisting of the Physician or mid level practitioner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Performs selected administrative duties and assists nursing staff.
· Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
· Takes patient histories and vital signs.
· Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as applicable.
· Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
· Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
· Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
· Screens telephone calls for referral to physician.
· Provides general information on departmental policies and procedures.
· Notifies the Clinical Supervisor or Office Manager when clinical and office supplied need replenishing.
· Assist in maintaining patient files, records, and other information to contribute to accurate data gathering.
· Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
· Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
· Participates in processional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
· Maintains patient's confidentiality.
· Performs related work as required.
· Practice and adhere to the