Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32 bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350 bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
To provide quality care to patients, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Del Sol Medical Center.
1. Monitors patient activity and ensures safety at all times.
2. Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, never leaving patient alone under any circumstances. The nurse should be called with any change in condition or if the patient becomes uncontrollable.
3. PATIENT SITTER is able to complete an assessment, with the aid of a checklist, of the environment to help remove or mitigate risk to the patient (Items such as sheets, gowns or call lights can be used to harm themselves). The room must be assessed each shift and after any visitors leave.
4. PATIENT SITTER understands that patients on suicide precaution may not leave the floor except for testing and or procedures. When the patient must leave for testing or procedure the PATIENT SITTER must accompany the patient.
5. Inspite of family or visitors being present for SUICIDAL patients the PATIENT SITTER must remain in the room and maintain line of sight.
6. Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
7. Reading, listening to music, cell phone usage, or any other activity that would distract the PATIENT SITTER while working with patients is strictly prohibited.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.