Nurse Navigator - Memorial Hospital Neurosciences Service Line
Serves as a patient advocate,liaison, and advisor/educator to assist patients with navigating the continuumof care.
· 2 Years nursingexperience
· 2 Yearsstroke patient care experience
· Graduateof an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience .Must obtain BSN within 3 years of hire.
· Bachelor'sdegree in Nursing preferred
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the AmericanRed Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date.BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life supportcertification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association orthe American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Crossfor the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will needto be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and itrequires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attractingexceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, andintellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward ourculture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people forwhom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
· Roundson/reviews assigned patients regularly and evaluates patient progress with planof care.
· Communicatesplan of care to patient and family and solicits concerns, questions, and issuesfor resolution.
· Providesemotional support, counseling, clinical education and expert guidance topatients and families to promote their ability to understand and meaningfullyparticipate in the healthcare process and personal decision-making.
· Servesas a liaison between patient and clinical staff, administration, physicians,managed care companies, and community/external resources to coordinate/maximizeresources and identify/resolve barriers to the plan of care.
· Assistspatients and families with resolving financial, psychosocial, functional, andadministrative issues by advising of options and referring to appropriateresources. Intervenes as appropriate to advocate for patient and family.
The University of Colorado Health system is home to five hospitals, three of which holdMagnet designations by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, as well asmultiple Nightingale awards for excellence in nursing. Our academichospital in Aurora, a recognized leaderin quality, technological innovationand employee and patient satisfaction,is ranked #1 In Colorado by USNews and World Report. Our academic center has accomplished what only 31 other hospitals worldwide have achieved– three consecutive magnet designations.
Join Us. TogetherWe Improve lives.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciatesthe rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversitycan offer our institution. As anaffirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to makingall employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated againstin any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise bediscriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion,gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information orveteran status. UCHealth does not discriminateagainst any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined underthe Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations,when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.