Required Qualifications:3 years of experience working with pediatric and adult patients as an advanced practice provider in an Urgent Care setting.
Preferred Qualifications: 5 years of experience working with pediatric and adult patients as an advanced practice provider in an Urgent Care setting.
*** New graduates will not be considered for this position ***
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Physician Assistant Urgent Care Job Description
Evaluate and treat patients as directed by clinical protocols. Function as a member of the healthcare team and collaborate closely with the Urgent Care physicians, nurses and other providers.
· Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination
· Orders performs and interprets diagnostic studies
· Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations, and care
· Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources
· Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources
· Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants
· Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the state of Colorado
· Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice
· Board Certification by the National Commission for Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
· BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Preferred Qualifications: Urgent Care Experience
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.