· Provides support to the providers in the examination and treatment of patients to facilitate clinic flow and provide excellent patient care.
· Maintains the standards of nursing care as established.
· Receptionist and clerical responsibilities related to registration and billing required.
· Provide care in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of Lakeland Community Hospital, Watervliet and Lakeland Medical Practices.
· Performs nursing assessment of clinic patients, including but not limited to triage, vital signs, age-appropriate growth measurements, immunization and allergy status, patient history, subjective and objective data, current medications, and chief complaint.
· Administers and documents medications, immunizations and biologics in age-appropriate manner as directed by a provider.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
· Must become a certified or registered Medical Assistant within three (3) months of hire or transfer to this job.
· Two years clinical experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of personal computers, printers and software (EPIC, Word, Excel, MCIR, etc.) and other equipment commonly found in a medical office.
· Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
· Familiarity with medical terminology and abbreviations beneficial.
· Bilingual communication preferred.
· Excellent phone etiquette and ability to relate in a caring manner to all patients.
· Must be dependable, able to work flexible hours, and perform a variety of job-related tasks.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support.
· Current certification for TB Skin Testing (PPD) (or become certified within 6 months of hire/transfer date) as required per clinic.
· Current Drug Collection Screening Certification (or become certified within 6 months of hire/transfer date) as required per clinic.
Internal Number: 103004
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.